Best Mixer Grinder in India in 2020
What is Mixer Grinder
A mixer grinder is a cooking device that is most commonly used in today’s modern kitchen. It is generally an electric appliance. It works on a gear-driven system which in turn rotates a set of blades or a set of beaters in a concealed bowl to prepare liquids or food by mixing them.
They are useful in the process of mixing, beating, grinding, whisking, stirring, chopping etc. A mixer can also be used to knead a dough when the blades are replaced by a dough hook. It carries out its function by spinning its blades on high speed.
They were invented in the 20th century and now have become a basic necessity in the cooking world. To achieve the highest cutting and chopping action the blades must rotate at a very high speed.
This high speed rotation of the mixer grinder provides an enhanced quality to the food being prepared like shearing which leads to aeration and resulting in the formation of emulsions. It is multitasking device, or we can say that it is a versatile device. It shortens the food preparing time. Some mixer grinders can also run on batteries. There are many types of mixer grinders like :
These grinders are used for grinding coffee beans into coffee powder. They can also be used for grinding spices like cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chilli powder, turmeric etc. Coffee can also be grinned in special burr grinders. Burr grinders provide a better quality of coffee as compared to the blade grinders. These grinders are also used for separating cardamom seeds from it’s pods.
These grinders use the high speed rotation of the blades to produce a shearing effect simultaneously with the cutting effect to make or process pastes and purees. Blenders are considered as blade grinders which are mostly used for the wet ingredients. Invention of this product has taken the style of the cooking to a next level.
They are very much similar to the blenders. The difference lies in the fact that they have short and wide bowls as compared to the blenders. This short and wide bowls are perfect for the semi-solid or solid food items. It is a proper shape for solid food items. Food processors don’t use a fixed blade, instead they use an interchangeable disks or blades which are also known as attachments. This is unlikely to take place in a blender.
Uses of Mixer Grinder
- Used to grind spices like cardamom, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon etc.
- Used to grind coffee beans
- Used to grind sugar to make fine or powdered sugar or icing sugar
- Used to make fresh juices from fruits
- Used to make paste like ginger garlic paste
- Used to make purees like tomato puree
- It can be used to make prune juices for someone who is ill
- Used to whip liquids or milkshakes or creams
- Used to chop food items like vegetables, nuts or meat
- Used to knead dough
- Used to mash some food items
This product is a multi purpose mixer grinder which provides smooth and hassle free operation. The motor is powerful as it works on different operations and because it’s power output is only 500 watts, it is highly energy efficient. The stainless steel jars is highly durable and has a mirror finish. The shape of the jars makes the process of cleaning easy. The handles of the jars are stylish that enhance the look of the product and sturdy that help in easy mounting and dismounting of the jars. The feature of the circuit breaking protection prevents from unwanted accidents.
- The power output of this product is 500 watt and a voltage of 220-240 volts and it is mostly available in grey colour
- This product comes with three stainless steel jars
- The heavy duty motor helps the mixer grinder to function optimally
- The grinding efficiency is much more increased in this product because of the presence of samurai edge blades.
- The button switches are easy to control because of having piano like button switches
- The grinder is more safe as the product has double locking system
- This product comes with a warranty of 2 years and there is a warranty of 5 years on the motor
- This product has received 4.1 stars out of 5 ( as of Nov 4, 2018 ) from the consumers and 90% of the users have liked this product and recommended this for every household.
Sujata SuperMix SM
- This product has a power output of 900 watts
- The motor of this product has double ball bearings which increases the efficiency of the product
- This product can run for year as it has low maintenance
- This product comes with two types of jars one is for paste or chutney grinding the other is for dry grinding of spices or coffee
- There is also a blender jar which is transparent and cannot break easily that is it is unbreakable
- The blades cut or chop very fastly and finely
- It has received 4.4 stars out of 5 ( as of Nov 4, 2018 ) from the consumers and is loved by 95% of the consumers
Panasonic MX-AC400 550-Watt Super Mixer Grinder with 4 Jars (Black)
This product performs many kind of operations of a mixer grinder, thus it can be called as a multi-purpose super mixer grinder. It helps in providing smooth and hassle free operation. It is suitable for a small to medium sized kitchen because of its compact size.
The power output of this product is 550 watts which is energy efficient and helps the motor to function or grind in an enhanced way. The feature of the dual safety mechanism give this product a reassurance on the safety matters. Firstly, until the lid of the jar is tightly locked the motor does not start and secondly, the jar has to be fixed properly then only the motor will turn on. There is a magic seal protection that is given to the blades of the grinder which provides a longer life to the product.
- It come with a warranty of five years on the motor
- The safety locking system feature makes this mixer grinder more safe
- The grinding efficiency of this product is increased by the flow breaker jar
- The feature of the circuit breaker system prevents from the unwanted accidents and is energy efficient
- The grinding efficiency is much more increased in this product because of the presence of samurai edge blades.
- This product has received 4 stars out of 5 ( as of 4 Nov, 2018 ) out of from the consumers
Havells GHFMGAGE060 600-Watt Mixer Grinder
This product has an output voltage of 600 watts which is energy efficient and helps the grinder to function optimally. The presence of the cord winder provides a large or big and easy storage.
For easy control of the machine there is a presence of speed knob. There is an automatic shut off which prevents from unwanted accidents and unnecessary damage and wastage of electricity. It has 2 functions of dry grinding and wet grinding and three different types of speeds.
- The feet of the grinder has vacuum in it which prevents movement while it is running.
- This product has an output voltage of 600 watts which is energy efficient and the grinder functions optimally
- It comes with three jars
- It is mostly in grey colour
- The ABS plastic is shock proof and prevents from unnecessary damages and accidents
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It has received 4.3 stars out of 5 ( as of Nov 4, 2018 ) from the consumers and is loved by 95% of the users.
Bajaj Easy 500-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White)
This mixer grinder has an output voltage of 500 watts which is energy efficient and helps the grinder to function optimally. It is easy and effortless to use this product.
It has an ample amount of horsepower that works at 20000 RPM (rotation per minute). This product comes with three stainless steel jars the 1.5 litre jar is the liquidising jar, the 1 litre jar is for dry grinding and the 0.4 litre jar is for chutney or paste.
- It comes with an output voltage of 500 watts and is mostly in white colour
- It comes with three stainless steel jars with one being 0.4 litre, other being 1 litre and the last one being 1.5 litre.
- For the liquidising jar there is a PC dome lid
- There are 3 types of speeds available with incher
- This product comes with a warrant of 2 years and a warranty of 5 years on the motor
- It has received a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 ( as of 4th Nov, 2018 ) from the consumers and 85% of the consumers like this product
Orient Electric Kitchen Kraft MGKK50B3 500-Watt Mixer Grinder
This is a multipurpose and a multitasker product for the kitchen which can perform various functions of mixing and grinding. It has a sleek design and a compact size which is suitable for small to medium sized kitchen. This product has a power output of 500 watts which is energy efficient and helps the grinder to function optimally and in an enhanced manner.
The copper motor increases the work capacity and quality of the product which in turn enhances the quality of the food being made. The presence of the suction feet at the base of the product prevents from any movement or slippage of the appliance while running and hence prevents unwanted accidents. The grip handles are stylish in look and are easy to handle which provides a firm grip while mounting and dismounting the jar.
- It has a power output of 500 watts and an operating voltage off 220-240 volts
- It comes with 3 jars and is in white colour
- The motor is made up of copper material
- For super fine and enhanced grinding the blades are made up of nickel
- The jars have a higher durability because of their thickness
- For effective and fast grinding the product comes with a flow breaker
- There are 3 types of speed control
- There is also a feature that protects the motor from overloading
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years
- It has received a rating of 4 stars out of 5 ( as of Nov 4, 2018 ) from the consumers
Mixer Grinder Buying Guide
A cooking device which is most commonly used in today’s time is the mixer grinder. Most of the times it is an electric device but it can also run on batteries. A mixer grinder helps in grinding, chopping, beating,, mixing, stirring, whisking etc. and is based on gear-driven system. It can also be used to knead a dough with the help of dough hook.
The functions of the mixer grinder are carried by spinning the blades in high speed. They are a necessity in the cooking world and were invented in the 20th century. It can be called as a versatile device whose purpose is to perform multi tasks like shearing, aeration and formation of emulsions. There are many types of mixer grinders like blenders, coffee grinders, food processor etc.
Following are some tips of buying a mixer grinder :
Shape of Mixer Grinder
The jar of the mixer grinder comes in various sizes and shapes. When buying a mixer, it is necessary to note the size and the shape of the jar according to your needs. If you are living alone, a huge jar of mixer grinder will not be suitable for you, a compact size jar will be best but for a family a large size jar is considered as more suitable. The space of the kitchen or the workplace also determines the shape of the mixer grinder to be bought.
Quality of Mixer Grinder
A mixer grinder with sharp blades, sturdy body and hand jars always make up for a better mixer grinder than the one which is made up of cheap material. It is suitable to buy a mixer grinder with a good quality and of a trusted brand.
Type of the Mixer Grinder
The type of mixer grinder depends on the need of the buyer or the consumer. It depends on whether the buyer needs it for grinding coffee or kneading dough or chopping or making fresh fruit and prune juices or milkshakes or for making pastes or purees. Mixer grinder can also be used for grinding spices.
Power and Voltage of the Device
Average power range of a mixer grinder is 400 watts to 700 watts. In the range of this power, the product works and functions optimally and is pocket friendly on the heavy electric bills. The quality of the food is increased by the use of the mixer grinder.
Research on the Model
It is necessary to research on the model that you want to buy – power, voltage output, shape, size, quality and design are some of the important parameters to compare different models and brands.